Meet the team: Anele
Our meet-the-team series is for you to get to know our team members a bit more.
Hey Anele, we'd like to get to know more about your role at Halo
What’s your job title?
I’m an Account Manager and Content Writer.
What sort of duties do you have at work?
- I do project management and act as a communicator between the client and our creative team.
- I write creative copy for our clients’ adverts and internal communication campaigns.
- I write blog posts and articles for Halo Media and Workforce Campaigns.
- I create social media content for Halo and our clients.
- I also come up with marketing strategies guided by Halo’s directors.
- Voice-over work.
What inspires or excites you, and why?
I’m inspired by helping people and creating an impact. I always keep this in mind when working on our clients’ projects. Storytelling, in all its forms, excites me! Seeing a concept or idea come to life through the art of storytelling will never cease to amaze me.
What is your #1 tip for your clients?
Plan ahead as much as possible. This is one of the best ways to ensure the quality of comms you put out is consistent and of quality. I’d also advise clients to spice things us up now and again, ask yourself, ‘Is this still working’, and if not, try new ways to keep your company and potential clients engaged.
What’s your go-to productivity hack?
Isolation and what I call deep work. I love my team and the energy in the studio, but when I really have a lot on the go and need to get it done, I need to remove myself from all distractions. I sit in the boardroom with a cup of green tea, and deep house music in my ears and grind for two solid hours.
What’s the best compliment you’ve ever received?
One of my best friends describes my aura as a warm beam of light, which I love because I get my superpowers from the sun #LeoGang.
What could you give a 30-minute presentation about with no advance preparation?
- How family impacts how you view the world and your self-esteem.
- The pros and cons of social media on society.
- Ideas on how to cultivate creativity when feeling uninspired.
What’s one professional skill you’re currently working on?
I’m working on being a better copywriter. I want our clients’ target audiences to be emotionally moved and inspired by the copy I write for adverts, scripts and internal comms.
What’s a work-related accomplishment that you’re really proud of?
There’s no one specific accomplishment I’m proud of, but when I write copy or content for a client and they love it, I’m always super proud.
If salary weren’t a factor, what job would you do?
I’d be an all-around content creator – video, blogging, podcasting, and social media. Content that helps people who’ve struggled with their mental health, their self-image and figuring out how to cultivate joy in this life. I’m on the right path, but sometimes, imposter syndrome holds me back.
Tell us more about you outside of work…
Where are you from?
I’m from Pietermaritzburg, born and raised. I have lived in Johannesburg for my studies, but since joining Halo, I’m now a proud Durbanite!
Do you have a nickname, and how did you get it?
So many! Ane, Neezy, Aneezy, Angel – they’re mostly just remixes of my name.
What wouldn’t we know about you, just by looking at you?
I’m a softie. I’ve been told that I can look unapproachable, but that’s only because I have slight social anxiety. But I’m honestly just a marshmallow.
Cats or dogs (or neither?)
Dogs, cats have no regard for personal space. It’s creepy.
What’s your favorite word in the English language?
- Stunning! And yes, this is all because of a trending TikTok sound.
- Girl. I call everything girl, including myself. On so many occasions, I’ve gotten frustrated at my laptop or network and said, ‘Girl?’ out loud. Shivani always chuckles when I do this.
The best piece of advice you were ever given was …
- Stay curious and never lose your sense of wonder.
- Lean into your God-given gifts, the things you’re naturally good at without trying much. That’s where your purpose lies.
- If you’re constantly waiting for the right time, you will be waiting forever. Allow yourself to start. Do it scared.
What kind of music do you like?
House, afro pop and afro soul (South African), and gospel.
Do you like travelling? If so, what’s the best place you’ve ever travelled to?
I do, but I haven’t travelled enough – I’d love to travel in the years to come, and I will!
What’s your guilty pleasure?
All things dairy. I’m lactose intolerant but I never let that stop me
Are you able to keep a secret?
Yes. But I will tell my sister. My sister and I will keep your secret safe forever!