How to prepare for an exhibition
Are you prepared for this year’s Exhibition?
Our advice for the perfect Exhibition experience!
A fantastic way of putting yourself in front of your potential buyers, is by displaying your business at an exhibition. This is the perfect opportunity to engage with a lot of clients face to face in a short space of time. While still allowing them to experience your brand.
Preparation before the Event
So, you’ve booked your place at the next big exhibition. What do you do now? There is a lot of preparation that goes into pulling off a successful exhibit that will bring you new business. In the months leading up to the Exhibition there are a few things you want to make sure you do:
- Research the event in advance. Find out what kind of success they have had in previous years. How many people are expected to attend? Does it appeal to your target market? How much advertising exposure will there be?
- Let your existing clients know that you will be there. Encourage them to engage with you on social media platforms and prompt them to attend the exhibit. Although the exhibition organisers will do advertising, it doesn’t hurt to push your own awareness that speaks to YOUR client.
- Once you’ve booked your spot, the organisers will send you the specs of your exhibit stand. This is where you can get creative or get in touch with a professional agency like Halo Media. An agency will guide you from the digital mock up, styling and the final execution of your stand without you having to get your hands dirty. Hiring a professional will free up your time so that you can focus on your primary business needs and not let the ball drop with the added pressure of the exhibit.
Tip: Booking your stand in advance will give you an advantage on choosing the best position. Find out where the highest foot traffic will be to get the most engagement possible.
At the event
Now your stand is all set up and looking gorgeous! You’ll want to create a brand experience and leave an impression with the visitors. You can do this by following these tips:
- Make sure the staff that are managing the space are either in uniform or appropriately dressed to reflect your business culture.
- Don’t allow clutter to gather on your stand, no empty coffee cups or take out packets lying around!
- Briefing your staff before the doors open and get the morale going. In the words of Sir Richard Branson –“Learn to look after your staff first and the rest will follow.”
- Offering samples of your product or service.
- Making sure your brand identity is clear by asking yourself – “can your client tell what your service is before they approach your space?”
The Final Follow up
It’s almost time for you to sigh the last breath of relief! It’s been a busy few days and you’ve spoken to countless prospective clients but the work isn’t quite over just yet. Now you’ll need to follow up.
- Being prepared means that you have now collected a great data base of leads. It’s always best to tackle this list as soon as possible after the exhibition ends.
- You want the visitor experience to still be fresh so that when your email lands in their inbox the know exactly who you are.
- This will also show your new client that you are very organised, professional and efficient. Ultimately letting them know that you are a kick-ass organisation to work with!
- You can throw in a little extra love for any clients who (depending on your product) either bought or signed up at the exhibition. Send them a jar of cookies with a personalised Thank-you card or a discount on their next purchase. It’s all about the brand experience and giving the client that feeling of wanting to come back for more.
You’ll make the most out of your exhibition experience by making sure that you are well prepared! So we’ve put together a handy Expo checklist just for you!
See you at your next exhibition!