Employer Branding Design & Marketing
Project services include:
Employer Branding, Design and Marketing – Unilever
Employer brand marketing is close to our heart. We’ve been doing it since 2011, especially enjoying it with Unilever. Working with them has allowed us to develop, design and create many successful campaigns.
As with most brand development initiatives, employer brand campaigns are particularly successful when there is strong consistency.
When Unilever redefined their branding circa 2013, we were one of the first agencies globally to roll out the new look. Our creative team produces designs and campaigns that we share with their employer branding teams in key locations in Africa. Their Durban team required a marketing and brand partner who was strong in corporate brand, conceptualisation and production. They called Halo!
With Unilever, their core brand is well planned out to ensure consistency. This was a crucial and successful plan from their identity agency to plan, even more so because of their global presence.
WHAT OUR CLIENT HAD TO SAY
“A very talented and professional team. Our partnership with Halo is very good. They go above and beyond for projects!”
– Mpho | Talent Officer, Unilever
The elements in a successful employer brand graduate recruitment campaign include:
- Concepts: Our creative team, together with our copywriter, come up with the core message and the supporting imagery.
- Photoshoot: Once the design style has been approved, we organise a photoshoot. With a career campaign, we photograph actual graduates. This allows for our campaigns to have real people and not stock imagery.
- Print material: We design brochures, leaflets and other printed collateral to be shared with potential recruits. These range from A5 flyers, through to A3 fold-up brochures.
- Digital media: We supply all printed material in a digital format for Unilever to use on their graduate recruitment campaigns. This can be emailed out to the relevant tertiary institutions or shared via their website.
- Exhibition stands: We have designed multiple stands for the graduate recruitment team. The type of stand is determined by the nature and size of the roadshow they are attending. This means they vary from simple banner walls, through to full exhibition stands.
- PowerPoint presentations: When meeting with the graduates, the HR team walk them through the process and benefits of the Unilever graduate programme. We design their PowerPoint templates and presentations.
- Internal support material: Once the graduates are on board, there are various handbooks and toolkits. These include printed diaries, interactive pdfs, etc.
- Social media: We supply artwork as editable files to their social media management team for Twitter and their Facebook page. This is given to them to ensure that the online media is compatible with the print material.
Winning “Best Advert” from GradX as an industry award for employer branding was a proud moment for us. We were also one of the first agencies to roll out the global brand when they updated, and we were the central design point of contact for the African territories Graduation material.